Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
Jalpaiguri,West Bengal, India
Designation: Assistant Professor, (W. B. E. S.)
Email Id.: email@example.com
Chemistry: Stereochemistry, Organic reactions and synthesis of a drug molecule, Use of free energy in chemical equilibria
Environmental Sciences: Basic of environment, Ecology, Air pollution and control
Head of the department
Superintendent of Ladies Hostel
Natural chemistry, Nano-chemistry, Green chemistry, Biogenic Nanomaterials, Nano Biotechnology, Spectroscopy
|Doctorate||Ph.D. from Visva-Bharati (Central University)|
|Post Graduation||M. Sc. in Chemistry (Spl: Organic Chemistry) from University of Kalyani|
|Graduation||B.Sc. in Chemistry from University of Kalyani (K. N. College, Berhampore)|
Society for Materials Chemistry (SMC), India
UGC-CSIR NET-December, 2008 (CSIR-JRF)
1. Orientation Course: OP-NBU-32; 32nd Orientation Programme, UGC-HRDC, University of North Bengal, 3rd - 30th November, 2017.
2. Refresher Course: Recent Trends in Chemistry & Biology (Inter Disciplinary), UGC-HRDC, University of North Bengal, 20th August - 2nd September, 2019.
1. N. Roy, Md. N. Alam, S. Mondal, I. Sk, R.A. Laskar, S. Das, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Exploring Indian Rosewood as a promising biogenic tool for the synthesis of metal nanoparticles with tailor-made morphologies, Process Biochemistry, 2012, 47, 1371-1380.
2. Md. N. Alam, N. Roy, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Green chemistry for nanochemistry: exploring medicinal plants for the biogenic synthesis of metal NPs with fine-tune properties, RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 11935-11956.
3. Md. N. Alam, S. Das, S. Batuta, N. Roy, A. Chatterjee, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Murraya koenegii Spreng. Leaf Extract: An Efficient Green Multifunctional Agent for the Controlled Synthesis of Au Nanoparticles, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2014, 2, 652−664.
4. S. Das, Md. N. Alam, S. Batuta, N. Roy and N. A. Begum, Exploring Comparative Antioxidant Activity of Some Popular Cultivars of Mangifera indica L., National Fruit of India, International Journal of Fruit Science, 2014, 00, 1–19.
5. S. Das, I. Mitra, S. Batuta, Md. N. Alam, K. Roy and N. A. Begum, Design, synthesis and exploring the quantitative structure-activity relationship of some antioxidant flavonoid analogues, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014, 24, 5050–5054.
6. Md. N. Alam, A. Chatterjee, S. Das, S. Batuta, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Burmese grape fruit juice can trigger the “logic gate” like colorimetric sensing behavior of Ag nanoparticles towards toxic metal ion, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 23419–23430.
7. Md. N. Alam, S. Batuta, G. Ahamed, S. Das, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Tailoring the catalytic activity of Au nanoparticles synthesized by a naturally occurring green multifunctional agent, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2015.
8. S. Batuta, Md. A. Ali, A. Chatterjee, Md. N. Alam, S. Das, D. Mandal, N. A. Begum, Understanding the efficacy of N,N-dimethylformamide and oxalyl chloride combination as chemoselective O-formylating agent: An unified experimental and theoretical study, Synthetic Communication , 2016, 46, 692-700.
9. Md. N. Alam, S. Das, S. Batuta, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Green-nanochemistry for safe environment: Bio-friendly synthesis of fluorescence monometallic (Ag and Au) and bimetallic (Ag/Au alloy) nanoparticles having pesticide sensing activity, Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, 2016, 6, 373-395.
10. S. Das, S. Batuta, Md. N. Alam, C. Fouzder, R. Kundu, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Antioxidant flavone analog functionalized fluorescent silica nanoparticles: Synthesis and exploration of their possible use as biomolecule sensor, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 157, 286-296.
11. S. Das, Md. N. Alam, S. Batuta, G. Ahamed, C. Fouzder, R. Kundu, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Exploring the efficacy of Basella alba mucilage towards the encapsulation of the hydrophobic antioxidants for their better performance, Process Biochemistry, 2017, 61, 178-188.
12. T. Mallick, A. Karmakar, S. Batuta, G. Ahamed, S. Das, Md. N. Alam, M. Mukherjee, N. Das, D. Mandal, and N. A. Begum, Fluorescent Small Molecules Are BIG Enough To Sense Biomacromolecule: Synthesis of Aromatic Thioesters and Understanding Their Interactions with ctDNA, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 334−348.
13. A. Karmakar,T. Mallick, Md. N. Alam, S. Das, S. Batuta, S. K. Chandra, D. Mandal and N. A. Begum, Understanding of the interactions of ctDNA with an antioxidant flavone analog: Exploring the utility of the small molecule as fluorescent probe for biomacromolecules, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2018,1165, 276-287.
I1. International Conference on Nano Science and Technology (January 20-23, 2012), Hotel Taj Krishna, Hyderabad, India.
2. International Seminar on The History of Science & Technology- A Journey from Metal age to E-age, (March 2019), Alipurduar College, Alipurduar, West Bengal, India.