Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
Jalpaiguri,West Bengal, India
Email Id.: email@example.com
Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Process, Instrumentation & Control system, Engineering Graphics
Principal of the Institute
 Production & Operations management
 Applied soft computing
 Green manufacturing
 Composite machining
|Post Graduation||Mumbai University, M.E in Production Engineering|
|Graduation||Jadavpur University, Bachelor of Production Engineering|
 Principal, Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College,October 2016 to till date
 Professor, Training & Placement, July 2014 to October 2016
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
 Assistant Professor, March,2013 to July,2014
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Silchar
 Associate Professor, Feb., 2004 – Feb., 2013 Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
 Lecturer, Sept., 1997- May, 1999
Dept. of Production Engineering
Fr.Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering,
Bandra (W), Mumbai
Administrative Experience: 6 years
 Working as Local Coordinator of Global Initiatives of Academic Network (GIAN) scheme, Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
 Worked as Head-Industry Institute Partnership Cell, NIT Silchar
 Worked as In-charge of Central Mechanical Engineering Workshop, NIT Silchar
 Worked as Training & Placement officer of Deptt. of Mechanical Engineering, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
 Worked as Coordinator and writer of Foundation Skill of Integrated Product Development, A student handbook, Published and implemented by NASSCOM
 European Journal of Operation Research
 International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
 Institute of Engineers
 Management Decision: An International Journal
 Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal
 Emerald Literati Network award 2012
 Institution of Engineers, 2016
1. Attended two days’ workshop on “ Discovering and Inspiring Self and Others”, 20th March to 21st March, 2005, SMIT
2. Attended QIP short term course on “ Analysis of Modern Manufacturing Processes” conducted by IIT Bombay during January 5-17, 2006.
3. Attended QIP short term course on “ Decision Making Tools in Engineering” offered by IIT Kharagpur during December 11-24, 2006.
4. Attended Faculty development training programme on “CAD/CAM/CAE and Product Development” conducted by CIPET, Chennai from 21.01.08 to 01.02.08.
5. Attended QIP short term course on “ Decision modeling for facility planning” conducted by IIT Kharagpur during July 4-8, 2011.
6. Participated in the “10th Annual Meet and Workshop of INDEST-AICTE Consortium”, organized by NIT Silchar and IIT Delhi, May 05-06, 2014.
7. Participated in “Pedagogy: A Framework for effective teaching and learning strategies”, organized by NIT Silchar, 7-11th May,2014.
8. Participated in the workshop on “ Mniature engineering working model” at NIT Silchar, 29th -30th March, 2014.
1. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, An exploratory analysis of optimizing product mix through heuristic: An eclectic decision, International Journal of Industrial Engineering- Theory, Application & Practice,Vol.18(9), pp.462-472, 2011. Issn: 1943-670X, EISSN: 1943-670X,
2. Asim Datta, Amitava Ray, Gautam Bhattacharya, Hiranmay Saha, Green Energy Source Selection (GES) Based on Multi-criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA), International Journal of Energy Sector Management,Vol.5, issue.2, pp.271-286, 2011
3. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, Process cost prediction: A soft computing approach, International Journal of Intelligent Computing &Cybernatics, Vol.3, No.3, pp.431-448, 2010.
4. Amitava Ray, BijanSarkar, SubirSanyal , The TOC based algorithm for optimizing multiple constraint resources, IEEE Transactions on Engineering management, Vol.57, No. 2, Page 301-309, 2010
5. S. Dhar, A. Ray, R. Bera, D.Ghosh, S.N.Sur, A Complete Simulation Of Intra Vehicle Link Through Best Possible Wireless Network, International Journal of Computers & Electrical Engineering, vol.2, No.4, pp.673-681, 2010.
6. SouravDhar, Amitava Ray, Rabindranath Bera, Design and simulation of vertical handover algorithm for vehicular communication, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol.2 (10), pp.5509-5525, 2010.
7. Sourav Dhar, Amitava Ray, Rabindranath Bera,Design, Simulation and Sensitivity Analysis of Vertical Handover Algorithm for Vehicular Communication”, International J. of Computer Science and Software Technology, Vol 3, no.2. July-dec 2010.
8. Sourav Dhar, Amitava Ray, Sandeep Chakraborty, Rabindranath Bera,Intelligent vertical handover scheme for utopian transport scenario, Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 6(9): 958-976,2011.
9. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, An improved theory of constraints, International Journal of Accounting and Information Management,Vol.16, no.2, pp.155-165, 2008
10. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, Outsourcing decision under utopian environment, Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Vol.9, issue.3, pp 181-191, 2008.
11. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, A holistic approach for production, Strategic outsourcing: An International, Vol.9, No.3, pp.183-191, 2008.
12. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, An improved TOC for outsourcing, International Journal of Management science and Engineering Management,Vol.3, No.4, pp.303-311, 2008.
13. Amitava Ray, Bijan Sarkar, Subir Sanyal, Optimizing the product-mix: An eclectic decision, International Journal of Manufacturing Science & Production, Vol.9, no.3-4, pp.183-191, 2008.
14. SouravDhar, Amitava Ray, Rabindranath Bera, A Context Aware Vertical Handover Algorithm For Vehicular Communication, IJECCT, Vol.2(1), 2011
15. Sourav Dhar, Shubhajit Dutta, Rabindranath Bera, Amitava Ray, Fast vertical Handover algorithm for vehicular communication: A holistic approach, International Journal of Computer Network & Information Security, 3, 8-16, 2012
16. SantanuMisra, Amitava Ray, Software developer selection: A holistic approach for an eclectic decision, International Journal of Computer Application, Vol.47, No.1, 2012
17. Anupam Haldar, Amitava Ray, Debamalya Banerjee, SurojitGhosh, A hybrid MCDM model for resilient supplier selection, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 7(4), 1-9, 2012, issn: 1750-9653
18. Santanu Misra, Amitava Ray, Comparative Study on Different Multi-Criteria Decision Making Tools in Software project selection scenario, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Vol.3, pp 172-178, 2012
19. Sourav Dhar, Amitava Ray, Rabindranath Bera, Cognitive vertical handover engine for vehicular communication, Peer-to-Peer Netw. Appl, Springer verlag, 2012, issn: 1936-6442, EISSN: 1936-6450, Impact factor:0.3
20. Amit Kumar Roy. Amitava Ray, B.B.Pradhan, Strategic decision on energy planning using multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA), International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering,vol.05, no.1, 564-568, 2012
21. Amit Kumar Roy, B.B.Pradhan, AmitavaRay,Vaibhav Jaswal, Study of alternative energy technologies implementation for promoting the sustainability of technologies in Sikkim, International Journal of emerging technologies and advanced engineering, vol.3, 560-565, 2013.
22. Anupam Haldar, Amitava Ray, Debamalya Banerjee & Surojit Ghosh. “Resilient supplier selection under a fuzzy Environment”, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol.9, issue 2, pp. 147-156, 2014.
23. Tuhin Deshamukhya and Amitava Ray, “Selection of cutting fluid for green manufacturing using analytical hierarchy process (AHP): a case study”, Int. J. Mech. Eng. & Rob. Res. 2014 Vol. 3, No. 1, January 2014.
24. Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Karma Sonam Sherpa and Sandeep Chakravorty, Evaluation of substation location using geographical information system: A case study, Elixir Elec. Engg. 62 (2013) 17464-17468.
25. Asim Dutta, Amitava Ray, Dipankar Mukherjee, Hiranmay Saha, Selection of islanding detection methods based on multi-criteria decision analysis for grid-connected photovoltaic system applications, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 2014, 7, 111-122 .
26. Shabbiruddin, Sulochana Baruah, Swati Raj, Amitava Ray, Sandeep Chakravorty, Analysis of influencing factors for costs on substation siting based on DEMATEL method, Procedia Engineering, Vol.38, 2012, pp.2564-2571.
27. Shabbiruddin, Sandeep Chakravorty, Amitava Ray, Optimum sub-station positioning using hierarchial clustering, Advances in Computing and Information Technology, 2013, Pages.405-412
28. Shabbiruddin, Sandeep Chakravorty Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Karma Sonam Sherpa, Selection of Sub-Station site for Greater NOIDA India by Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), 2014, Elixir International Journal, Issue 66, Pages, 20482-20486
29. Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray , Speed control techniques using fuzzy logic and response surface methodology” International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing & Its Applications, 2012, Volume 4 Issue 2
30. Jagadish, Sumit Bhowmik, Amitava Ray (2015) Prediction of surface roughness quality of green abrasive water jet machining: A soft computing approach. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing:DOI: 10.1007/s10845-015-1169-7 (SCIE Journal-By Springer).
31. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Optimization of process parameters of green electrical discharge machining using principal component analysis (PCA), Int. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology: doi: 10.1007/s00170-014-6372-8 (SCIE Journal-by Springer).
32. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Multi-objective optimization of green EDM: an integrated theory. J. Inst. Eng. India Ser-C: 96(1), 41–47 by Springer.
33. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Green cutting fluid selection using multi-attribute decision making approach. J. Inst. Eng. India Ser-C: 96(1), 35-39 by Springer.
34. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Cutting fluid selection for sustainable design for manufacturing: an integrated theory, Procedia Mater. Science 6, 450-459 by Elsevier.
35. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Green cutting fluid selection using MOOSRA method. Int. J. of Res. in Eng. and Technol., 03(03), 559-563.
36. Rajnish Kumar, Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Selection of material for optimal design using multi-criteria decision making, Procedia Mater. Science, 6,590–596 by Elsevier.
37. Sandeep Saket, Vidyapati Purbey, Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Multi attributes decision making for mobile phone selection. Int. J. of Res. in Eng. and Technol., 03(03), 497-501
38. Ayush Poddar, Amitava Ray, Supplier Selection: An Intelligent Approach, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C 95 (2), 169-177, 2014
39. Rajnish Kumar, Amitava Ray, Optimal Selection of Material: An Eclectic Decision, Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C 96 (1), 29-33, 2015
40. Manish Kumar Roy, Amitava Ray, BB Pradhan, Non-traditional machining process selection using integrated fuzzy AHP and QFD techniques: a customer perspective, Production & Manufacturing Research 2 (1), 530-549, 2014
41. A Datta, D Saha, A Ray, P Das, Anti-islanding selection for grid-connected solar photovoltaic system applications: A MCDM based distance approach, Solar Energy 110, 519-532, 2014
42. Chiranjib Bhowmik, Amitava Ray, The Application of Theory of Constraints in Industry: A Case Study, 2015, Reviewer Committee, 143
43. Chiranjib Bhowmik, Sumit Bhowmik, Amitava Ray, KM Pandey, Optimal green energy planning for sustainable development: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2016,
44. Chiranjib Bhowmik, Amitava Ray, Optimal Supplier Selection Using Theory of Constraints (TOC) Approach, Reviewer Committee, 2016
45. Sumit Bhowmik, Jagadish, Amitava Ray, Abrasive Water Jet Machining of Composites Materials, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, 294, 77-97, Book Chapter.
46. Amitava Ray Jagadish, Sumit Bhowmik, Prediction and optimization of process parameters of green composites in AWJM process using Response Surface Methodology, Inteternational Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology,2015, Doi: 10.1007/s00170-014-6372-8.
47. Amitava Ray Jagadish, Sumit Bhowmik ,A fuzzy muti-criteria decision making model for green electrical discharge machining, Advances in Intelligent System and Computing , 335, 33-43, 2015
48. Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Karma Sonam Sherpa, Sandeep chakravorty, “Evaluation of substation location using geographical information system: A case study”, Elixir International Journal, Elixir Elec. Engg. 62. 17464-17468, 2013.
49. Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Karma Sonam Sherpa, Sandeep chakravorty, “Design of an Expert System for Distribution Planning System using Soft Computing Techniques”, International Journal of Energy Optimization and Engineering, IGI Global, Volume 5 • Issue 2 • April-June 2016. (Web of science).
50. Shabbiruddin, Karma Sonam sherpa, Sandeep chakravorty, Amitava Ray “Power Substation Location Selection and Optimum Feeder Routing using GIS: A Case Studyfrom Bihar (India)”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, pp 1-7, Volume 9 (40) October-2016. (SCOPUS, Web of Science)
51. Manish Kumar Roy, Amitava Ray, B. B. Pradhan, NON-TRADITIONAL MACHINING PROCESS SELECTION - AN INTEGRATED APPROACH, International Journal for Quality Research, Volume 11 Number 1,2017
1. Amitava Ray, BijanSarkar, SubirSanyal “ An Integrated Theory-Of-Constraints”, presented in the IEEE IEEM 2007, Singapore, 3rd Dec-5th Dec, 2007.
2. Amitava Ray, BijanSarkar, SubirSanyal “ Production outsourcing: A goal programming approach” published in the proceedings of the 37th International conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, Oct 20-23, 2007, Alexandria, Egypt.
3. Nabanita Chowdhury, Bhaswati Sarma, Amitava Ray , An integrated group decision making process for supplier selection and order allocation using analytical hierarchy process and linear programming, International Conference on operations and management science, IMT, Nagpur, Jan 22-24, 2011
4. Champak Jyoti Sharma, AyushPoddar, Bittu Kumar Gupta, Amitava Ray, Integrating QFD and AHP for supplier selection, International Conference on operations and management science, IMT, Nagpur, Jan 22-24, 2011 .
5. AyushPoddar, Champak Jyoti Sharma, Bittu Kumar Gupta, BipashaKashyap, ManishaKarki, NabanitaChowdhury, BhaswatiSarmaAmitava Ray, Supplier selection: A holistic approach for an eclectic decision , Biennial supply chain management conference, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Jan 8, 2011 .
6. Anupam Haldar, Amitava Ray, An integrated approach of supplier selection, International Conference on modeling, optimization & computing, April, 2012
7. SulochanaBaruah, Swati Raj, Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Sandeep Chakravorty, Analysis of Influencing Factors for Costs on Substation Siting Based on DEMATEL Method, International Conference on modeling, optimization & computing, April, 2012
8. Santanu Misra, Amitava Ray , Integrated AHP-TOPSIS model for software selection under multi-criteria perspective, International Conference on Technology Management, July, 2012, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
9. Shubhajit Dutta, Sourav Dhar, Rabindranath Bera, Amitava Ray, ANP based vertical Handover algorithm for vehicular communication, IEEE International conference, RAIT-2012, 15-16 March, ISM Dhanbad
10. SupratikDey, Akshay Kumar, Amitava Ray, B.B.Pradhan, Supplier selection: Integrated theory using DEMATEL and Quality function deployment methodology, Procedia Engineering, 38(2012),2111-2116.
11. Akshay Kumar, SupratikDey, Amitava Ray, B.B.Pradhan, An integrated management support methodology for the selection of rapid prototyping Technology, Procedia Engineering, 2012
12. Akshay Kumar, Amitava Ray, B.B.Pradhan, Analysis of influencing factors for prioritizing the RP process selection based on DEMATEL method, International Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering, April, 19th -20th , 2012.
13. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Optimization of green electrical discharge machining using an integrated approach, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM2014), Malaysia.
14. Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2015) A fuzzy muti-criteria decision making model for green electrical discharge machining. Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 335 (1) 33-43
15. Rajnish Kumar, Jagadish, Amitava Ray (2014) Selection of cutting tool materials: A holistic approach. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Mechanical Engineering: Emerging Trends for Sustainability: held at MNIT Bhopal, 447-452
16. Rajnish Kumar, Amitava Ray, Selection of Material Under Conflicting Situation Using Simple Ratio Optimization Technique, Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem, 2015
17. Rajnish Kumar, Amitava Ray, Selection of Material for Optimal Design Using Multi-criteria Decision Making, Procedia Materials Science 6, 590-596, 2014
18. Shabbiruddin, Sandeep chakravorty, “Distribution of Loads and Setting of Distribution Sub Station Using Clustering Technique”, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Control – 2011,Springer–Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, PP.88-94. 2011. (SCOPUS)
19. Shabbiruddin, Sandeep chakravorty, Amitava Ray, “Optimum Sub-station positioning Using Hierarchial Clustering, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Computing and Information Technology (ACITY 2012). AISC 177, Springer–Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, PP. 405-412, 2013. (SCOPUS)
20. Jayati, Dukar Choden Bhutia, Lewa Pradhan, Shabbiruddin, “Determining the Optimum Location of a Substation by STING: Statistical Information Grid Clustering Approach”, International conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technologies (ICETET 2013), ISSN (PRINT) : 2320 – 8945, Volume -1, Issue -5, 2013.
21. Shabbiruddin, Amitava Ray, Karma Sonam Sherpa, Sandeep chakravorty, “Integrating DEMATEL with QFD to Rank the Cost Sensitivities Involved in Sub-Station Siting”, TEQIP Sponsored National Conference on Integrated Computational Techniques in Electrical Engineering (ICTEE-2014), 18-19th Jan, 2014.
22. Anil Varghese Mangalan ; Sandeep Kuriakose ; Hashim Mohamed ; Amitava Ray Optimal location of warehouse using weighted MOORA approach2016 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT) , 3-5 March,2016
1.Mr.Sudipta Ghosh, "An Exploratory Analysis of Green Supply Chain Management", MAKAUT.2019