Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
Jalpaiguri,West Bengal, India
Designation: Associate Professor
Email Id.: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Structural Analysis
2. Design of Steel Structure
3. Design of RCC Structure
4.Building Design & Drawing
5. Engineering Materials
6. Environmental Pollution and Control
7. Finite Element Method
Composite Structures, Earthquake Engineering
|Doctorate||Ph.D. from IIT Kharagpur|
|Post Graduation||M.E. in Civil Engineering Specialisation in Structural Engineering from B.E.S.U.S. presently known as IIEST Shibpur|
|Graduation||B.E. in Civil Engineering from Madurai Kamraj University|
Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
1. Worked as Design Assistant in Maniramka & Associate, Kolkata from 1999 to 2002
2. Lecturer in Civil Engg. in Haldia Institute of Technology from Feb 2007 to Jan 2009
3. Assistant Professor in Civil Engg. in Haldia Institute of Technology from Feb 2009 to July 2013
4. Associate Professor in Civil Engg. in Haldia Institute of Technology from Aug 2013 to June 2015
5. Associate Professor in Civil Engg. in Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College, Jalpaiguri from June 2015 to till date
1. Earthquake Engg. Review Workshop ,IIT Kanpur, March, 2003
2. Workshop on IS 800: 2007, by INSDAG & BIS, December, 2008
3. Workshop and Orientation Programme for Engineers on Earthquake & Cyclone Resistant Technology, by Disaster Management Dept., Govt. of West Bengal, Haldia Institute of Technology & Tata Steel, February, 2011
4. Strategies for Development of Low Carbon Industrial Township Focus: Haldia by British Deputy High Commission Kolkata, Confederation of Indian Industry, Govt. of West Bengal, December, 2011
1.Time Varying Reliability Analysis using a Response Surface Method under Dynamic Load by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar, Journal of Engg. for the Maritime Environment, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part-M, Sage Publication. Vol.226, Issue 3, pp 260-272, 2012.
1. Sensitivity Analysis in Structural Reliability of Marine Structures by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar, 3rd ASRANET Colloquimâ€™ 06, Glasgow, UK.
2. Reliability and Sensivity Analysis of Structures by Response Surface Method by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar, EASEC10, Bangkok, Thailand, 2006.
3. Probabilistic Failure Analysis of a Symmetric Laminated Composite Plate: a RSM approach, by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar, DREAMSâ€™07, Bangalore, India, 2007.
4. Reliability Analysis of Anti Symmetric Laminated Composite Plates by Response Surface Method, by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar,5th International Probabilistic Workshop, Ghent, Belgium, 2007.
5. Probalistic Failure Analysis of Laminated Composite Plate by Response Surface Method by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar, ASRANET Colloquimâ€™ 12, London, UK, 2012.
6. Reliability Analysis Using A Response Surface Method For Laminated Composite Stiffened Plates, by B. Chakraborty & A. Bhar,ICSOT: Technical Innovation in Shipbuilding, 12-13 December, 2013,Kharagpur, India.